<h3>Official No. 99460, 61 ton. Built of wood at Harwich in 1895 by Cann, 85.6 x 19.5 x 6.2</h3>
Owners, Charles Stone, c.1900 Dolly Rogers, 1911 Ted Hibbs, 1915 John Sawyer, then Francis & Gilders and L.R.T.C. In 1955 she was derigged by Brown & Co. for use as a timber lighter. Bought in 1966 by Richard Duke to rerig as a charterbarge. She was sold in 1974 to the Thames Barge Sailing Club for members sailing. Rebuilt 1984-95.
Owner now Thames Sailing Barge Trust. Based at Maldon.
For a comprehensive history, visit the Thames Barge Trust website www.bargetrust.org/our-barges/centaur
Centaur regularly attends matches and events around the East Coast.