Barge logo
XYLONITE
of Harwich.

Photograph - D. Renouf

Official No. 145408.
68 tons built of steel at Mistley in 1926 by F.W. Horlock to be named BX.
Latterly owned by Greenhithe Lighterage she was rerigged by Tim Eliff as a charter barge and based at The Prospect of Whitby public house, Wapping.
Sold to Cirdan Trust 1985 for sail training out of Maldon.
and then to H. Wilkes & R. Polden as home/ yacht. Bought 2011 by Tim Kent for racing and chartering - see www.xylonite.com.

Home Archives Bibliography Barge Charter Barge Crew FAQs Barges for sale Glossary
Related links
Barge Matches Model Barges Museums Noticeboard Barge Research Active Barges Where to see barges
Pages © David Renouf, email: bargemaster@thamesbarge.org.uk