Barge logo
OAK
of Maldon
S.B. Oak
S.B.Oak - Southend Barge Match, from Southend Pier, 1988
(Photo - D.Renouf)

50 tons, built Maldon 1881 by Howard with a counter stern.
Owner John P. Sadd of Maldon, later used as a timber lighter.
Rerigged Dolphin Yard by B. Bensted and moved to West India Dock as restaurant.
Sold for youth work but sunk at moorings 1993, salvaged by Downtown Marine and moved to Barking Creek. Recently (2006) broken up at Dolphin Yard, Sittingbourne

Home Archives Bibliography Barge Charter Barge Crew FAQs Barges for sale Glossary
Related links
Barge Matches Model Barges Museums Noticeboard Barge Research Active Barges Where to see barges
Pages © David Renouf, email: bargemaster@thamesbarge.org.uk