Barge logo

S.B. Edme, 2012
(Photo - D.Renouf)

Official No. 108373. 79 tons
Built in 1898 of steel by Forrest of Wivenhoe.
86.7 ft long by 20.6 ft. beam.
A uxiliary motor fitted in 1924 and converted to motor barge in 1935.
Owned by Peter Sands and based at Hoo, she has recently been restored and re-rigged and is now very active in the barge matches.
She is identified by her white hull, grey leeboards, and "Whitton Marine" written in her topsail.
2013 Barge Championship winner.

Home Archives Bibliography Barge Charter Barge Crew FAQs Barges for sale Glossary
Related links
Barge Matches Model Barges Museums Noticeboard Barge Research Active Barges Where to see barges
Pages © David Renouf, email: