MIROSA of Maldon.
S.B.Mirosa - Thames Barge Match, 2004.
(Photo - D.Renouf)
No. 96488. 49 ton, built as the Ready at Maldon in 1892 by John
Owned by Charles Gutteridge of Vauxhall later W.W. Keeble.
Name changed in 1947.
Owned by Francis & Gilders, used as a timber lighter at Heybridge, sold 1967 to Alan Walker and to C. Lawrence and Caroline Spender 1970 and 1977 to Peter Dodds.
Was sponsored by Blue Circle and later by Whitbreads she is one of the most successful racing barges of recent years.
She still has no motor and is based at the Iron Wharf, Faversham.