LADY OF THE LEA
S.B. Lady of the Lea - Swale Barge Match, 2006.
(Photo - D.Renouf)
of wood at Rotherhithe in 1931 by Hyam & Oliver for the War Department
for Carriage of explosives from Waltham Abbey.
The last sailing barge built she followed plans of canal barges of a century ago.
72' long by 13' wide and was originally tiller steered and stumpy rigged.
Sold to W. Aslett 1946.
Owned by B.Pain as private yacht barge, "Rochester Tutors" logo in topsail.
Based Standard Quay, Faversham.