Barge logo
GEORGE SMEED
of Rochester.


S.B. George Smeed, Maldon Essex, 2001.
Photos D. Renouf
Official No. 83340 59 ton, built of wood at Murston in 1882 by Smeed Dean & Co. Ltd. for their own use, passing to A.P.C.M., Francis & Gilders and Browns for lighterage.
Rebuilt 1922 at 64 ton, later housebarge at Heybridge.
Now rebuilding at Maldon and awaiting rerigging.

Home Archives Bibliography Barge Charter Barge Crew FAQs Barges for sale Glossary
Related links
Barge Matches Model Barges Museums Noticeboard Barge Research Active Barges Where to see barges
Pages © David Renouf, email: bargemaster@thamesbarge.org.uk