DINAH of Rochester.
|Originally spritsail rigged with a bowsprit, at an early stage DINAH was converted to gaff rig and variously described as a ketch and a yawl By 1947 she had been rigged with a tall mainmast and topmast with a standing gaff, but had no bowsprit DINAH was then substantially repaired by John Briant at his Whitehouse Boatyard in Hoo Kent. This work included doubling and refitting of the interior and replacing the Kelvin Paraffin engine of 1928 with a Scripps Ford V8. By 1979 DINAH had fallen derelict berthed in a lighter at Sharpeness in Gloucester where Aidan de la Mare purchased her and transported her to Roy Woods’ Dock End Yard in Ipswich|
|In 1980-81 all the side frames were replaced in oak within the original planking as well as the stem and stern posts, aprons and transom. It was here that work stopped until the present owner acquired her and recommenced restoration|
|This recent restoration has consisted of all new hull planking, replacement of all decking in Douglas fir, as well as a slight raising of the hold sides to ensure full headroom down below DINAH is now offered for sale and final completion by her new owners.|