BERIC of Harwich.
S.B.Beric - Blackwater barge match, St. Lawrence Bay, 1990.
(Photo - D.Renouf)
63 tons built of wood at Harwich in 1896 by Cann.
Owners, Cranfield Brothers Ltd.
Ended working life as motorbarge between Tilbury grain Terminal and Rochford Mills in 1977.
Bought 1978 by Stan Cresswell and Roy Woods and rerigged by them at Dock End Ipswich.
Sold 1985 to Licensing Solutions Ltd., and used for receptions and charter sailing at St. Katharines.
2001. Moved to St Peter's Wharf, Newcastle upon Tyne.
August 2003 - bought by Ray and Ben Payne and moved to Fullbridge, Essex for restoration back to sail.
She is now available for static charters in St. Katherine's Dock, London - see www.theberic.co.uk.