ADIEU of Harwich.
No 161035. 79 reg tons
Built of steel at Mistley by Horlock 1929.
Owners M.F.Horlock & Co. Ltd.
Motorbarge 1949, laid up 1967 as lighter. Bought by James Stewart in 1985, when she was a rusting hulk and her bottom was wafer thin. Her bottom was renewed by James & Stone, and restoration works to 1993 included a new lining, new mast, new rigging (including new chain plates), the permanent sheeting of her holds, new aft deck, the complete replacement of all deck gear (except the main horse) and many other details.
Berthed in Chamber Dock 1987, but has recently changed hands and is now owned at St. Katharine's Dock by Iolo Brooks, and she is now active.